Sunday, April 19, 2009

365 Blessings- January 12


With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith. (2 Thessalonians 1:11)

By his power God will fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith. The results may not be obvious immediately but in God's time, your efforts will bear fruit and you will glorify God for his goodness.
The Bible says,
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. (Colossians 3:23, 24)

The Apostle Paul writes to the Philippians,
I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart; for whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God's grace with me. (Philippians 1:3-7)
The ultimate rewarder is God and everything good comes from him. Give thanks to the Lord for all you receive as your wages. Do not murmur or grumble, because as a child of God, all your blessings come from him. You may feel like being cheated by the people for whom you work for, but thank God and he will give you more, because it is from his hands that you receive all blessings.

The Bible says,
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6, 7)

No comments:

Post a Comment