Friday, April 17, 2009

365 Blessings- January 10


May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13)

Amidst all the problems that we as believer's face in our day to day lives, isn't it wonderful that God gives us joy and peace as we keep trusting in him. The Bible says,
And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. (Romans 5:5)

Amidst great troubles, David said,
Many are asking, "Who can show us any good?" Let the light of your face shine upon us, O LORD. You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound. I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety. (Psalm 4:6-8)
It's so wonderful that because we have trusted in Jesus, the Comforter, the Holy Spirit dwells in us.
Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. (John 16:7)

Though we may feel depressed sometimes because of certain persistent problems, very soon we see a change. That's because the Comforter is with us. He renews our hope each day that these problems will finally come to an end and we will rejoice that the Lord has once again done great things for us. May the Comforter refresh you this day as you read this and may he renew the hope that is there in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment