Sunday, April 19, 2009

365 Blessings- January 11


He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it. (Revelation 2:17)

So we are going to receive new names. Any guesses what yours would be? Frankly most of us never had a choice to select our own names. As we came of age we finally knew that we were this one or that one. And some never like their names; they would liked to be called differently. The daring, even change their names and get it published too.

Sometime in the past, God decided to change a couple of names. He renamed Abram...Abraham and Sarai.....Sarah. Well, God seems to be in the name changing business and as the above verse indicates, every over comer will receive a new name. A couple of verses more from the book of Revelation regarding names:

Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name. (Revelation 3:12)

No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. (Revelation 22:3, 4)

So we as believers in Jesus Christ will be receiving new names and also the name of God and the name of the city of God will be on us. A new name and a new address. And the owners name too. There won't be a change of address any more then.

No comments:

Post a Comment