Tuesday, August 4, 2009

365 Blessings- May 10


For he who avenges blood remembers; he does not ignore the cry of the afflicted. (Psalm 9:12)

Do you feel that people ignore you?; That they don't give you much importance?
Do your requests fall on deaf ears? Well I have good news for you. People may ignore your cry, but God doesn't. He hears even the groans that comes from the depths of your heart.

David once cried to the Lord: Listen to my prayer, O God, do not ignore my plea; hear me and answer me. My thoughts trouble me and I am distraught at the voice of the enemy, at the stares of the wicked; for they bring down suffering upon me and revile me in their anger. My heart is in anguish within me; the terrors of death assail me. Fear and trembling have beset me; horror has overwhelmed me. (Psalm 55:1-5)

I guess none of us would want to be in his shoes. David was desperate. He just wanted out. That's why he said,
"Oh, that I had the wings of a dove! I would fly away and be at rest - I would flee far away and stay in the desert; I would hurry to my place of shelter, far from the tempest and storm." (Psalm 55:6-8)

When people near and dear to us hurt us, the pain is overwhelming, but as the promise for today says,"he does not ignore the cry of the afflicted." So there's hope for you who are afflicted.

David found strength in his God and so he said,
But I call to God, and the LORD saves me. Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress, and he hears my voice. He ransoms me unharmed from the battle waged against me, even though many oppose me. (Psalm 55:16-18)

Be strengthened this day, with these wonderful promises dear friend and always make it a point to cast your cares on the LORD. He will sustain you; he will never let you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment