Sunday, August 2, 2009

365 Blessings- May 8


Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me. (Isaiah 49:15,16)

God gave this promise to the nation of Israel which thought that God had forsaken and forgotten her. Zion said, "The LORD has forsaken me, the Lord has forgotten me." (Isaiah 49:14)

Do you feel the same this day?
Moses obeyed God and went into Pharaoh's presence and declared to him what the Lord had said. The Bible says,
Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and said, "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: 'Let my people go, so that they may hold a festival to me in the desert.'"
Pharaoh said, "Who is the LORD, that I should obey him and let Israel go? I do not know the LORD and I will not let Israel go." (Exodus 5:1, 2)

Pharaoh showed that he didn't care and increased his atrocities on the Israelites. He told the slave masters not to give the Israelites straw for making bricks. The Israelites were angry and poured out their ire on Moses and Aaron.
Moses was depressed. He returned to the LORD and said, "O Lord, why have you brought trouble upon this people? Is this why you sent me? Ever since I went to Pharaoh to speak in your name, he has brought trouble upon this people, and you have not rescued your people at all." (Exodus 5:22,23)

God did rescue the Israelites from Pharaoh and the Egyptians, but in his time and according to his plan. Moses, Aaron and the Israelites had to wait. But finally the time came when they saw the last of Egypt.

Circumstances will change dear friend. Be watchful in prayer. Wait for God. Remember,
God has engraved you on the palms of his hands. He will not let the enemy win. Trust and hope in Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment