Saturday, June 20, 2009

365 Blessings- March 27


He who loves a pure heart and whose speech is gracious will have the king for his friend. (Proverbs 22:11)

If you are a child of God with the qualities described above, you will have the King of Kings, Jesus, as your friend.

The Psalmist explains who all can be in fellowship with God after asking the question himself. Who may ascend the hill of the LORD? Who may stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to an idol or swear by what is false. He will receive blessing from the LORD and vindication from God his Savior. (Psalm 24:3-5)

Once Jesus told his disciples:
You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. (John 15:14, 15)

What's this "master's business" that Jesus is talking about? The master's business is doing the will of God. For the disciples and for us it means being a true witness for Jesus Christ and bearing fruit that will last. That's what Jesus told his disciples:
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit - fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. (John 15:16)

If you are fulfilling the commands of Jesus to be a witness for the kingdom of God and bearing fruit that lasts, you have Jesus as your friend.

What better friend can one have? A friend who is always with us; helping, saving, healing, delivering, nurturing, pacifying and consoling.
No one else can do all this other than the Lord Almighty, Everlasting Father & Prince of Peace. Is he your friend? If not, make him your friend by living a life pleasing to him obeying the Word of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment