Monday, May 25, 2009

365 Blessings- March 3

Let those who love the LORD hate evil, for he guards the lives of his faithful ones and delivers them from the hand of the wicked. (Psalm 97:10)

Do you believe that? I mean the part of the verse above that says,
...."for he guards the lives of his faithful ones and delivers them from the hand of the wicked."
All those escapes from accidents and sicknesses and terrifying situations. Do you think they all happened by chance?

Even when you did not know Christ, yet because you were chosen to be a part of his kingdom, God protected you. What's the proof? you may ask.

Here is something that the Lord had to say to King Cyrus who was a Gentile king, that of Persia.
"This is what the LORD says to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I take hold of to subdue nations before him and to strip kings of their armor, to open doors before him so that gates will not be shut: I will go before you and will level the mountains ; I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron. I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name. For the sake of Jacob my servant, of Israel my chosen, I summon you by name and bestow on you a title of honor, though you do not acknowledge me. I am the LORD, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me, so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides me. I am the LORD, and there is no other. (Isaiah 45:1-6)

Notice these words...For the sake of Jacob my servant, of Israel my chosen, I summon you by name and bestow on you a title of honor, though you do not acknowledge me. I am the LORD, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me....

Twice God says....though you do not acknowledge me...

You must remember that even when you had not acknowledged God, he was there to protect you and deliver you from the wicked one because you were chosen by him to be a part of his kingdom. Now that you have acknowledged Jesus as Lord and Savior, his promises have great value in your life. Hold on to his promises.

The Lord has this to say to you today:
Be strong and courageous....(Joshua 1:6,7,9)


No comments:

Post a Comment